The Aristocrats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vol. 2272: The "Friday Eve" Edition

2 posters

Go down

Vol. 2272: The "Friday Eve" Edition Empty Vol. 2272: The "Friday Eve" Edition

Post by Dark Sol Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:22 am

Looking forward to the weekend!

How's the dog doing, E?
Dark Sol
Dark Sol
Admin

https://thecrats.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Vol. 2272: The "Friday Eve" Edition Empty Re: Vol. 2272: The "Friday Eve" Edition

Post by Ghetto Butcher Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:11 pm

Dark Sol wrote:Looking forward to the weekend! How's the dog doing, E?

So far so good... We'll see how today goes, as I found out I have to go somewhere after work for about an hour or two and he's gonna be alone longer than intended.

He's been trained by someone in the past, as he appears to be housebroken (again seeing how a workday goes), is pretty decent on walks (still getting the hang of stopping with me at intersections though), knows the stay command, and likes to shake for a treat. And then when he does a good stay and I call him a good boy he rolls over for a belly rub.

I'm worried about some potential separation anxiety though. He was not a fan of his crate at all (which was different than at the adoption center where he didn't object to his crate). I wasn't planning on crating him originally though, so I'm just gonna leave treats, and food and water in there and leave it open to see if he gets comfortable there. I tried to leave him in "his" room last night (my 2nd bedroom) and he wasn't having it, so he slept in my room. But he's in his room today (unless he escapes, which is unfortunately not impossible). He whined a little when I was leaving, but I'll see how he reacted in the room when I get home.
Ghetto Butcher
Ghetto Butcher

Back to top Go down

Vol. 2272: The "Friday Eve" Edition Empty Re: Vol. 2272: The "Friday Eve" Edition

Post by Dark Sol Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:51 pm

Makes you wish you had a camera set up to watch him, huh? I'm very thankful both of our dogs are A-OK with their kennel. The little one even more so since we got him this nice blanket for it. They'll both just go sleep in there some times.

Hopefully he does OK. And he'll start to realize you'll come back and get on a routine.
Dark Sol
Dark Sol
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghetto Butcher Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:12 pm

Dark Sol wrote:Makes you wish you had a camera set up to watch him, huh? I'm very thankful both of our dogs are A-OK with their kennel. The little one even more so since we got him this nice blanket for it. They'll both just go sleep in there some times. Hopefully he does OK. And he'll start to realize you'll come back and get on a routine.

yeah, definitely.
his file said he had been left alone for 8-9 hours at a time and free to roam the whole house so I'm not too worried about him destroying stuff. Especially if he doesnt escape, theres nothing in his room that I care about at all.

The escape thing is because my doors dont latch, so I just have a small baby gate in the door. He can get his paws on top of it.
Ghetto Butcher
Ghetto Butcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:03 pm

It's funny. When we got our first dog, she used to sleep in her crate all night, no problems other than some times she'd whine to go out. But, once she got attacked by the dog at petsmart that time we set up her mobile crate in our room while she was healing but once she was done, she was not wanting to go back in her kennel. So, she has two beds in our room and she sleeps on them both every night lol

Our little one, we put his kennel in our room and he was whining away and not liking it, so we let him out and he jumped up on the bed and went under the blankets and that's where he sleeps every night.
Dark Sol
Dark Sol
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghetto Butcher Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:23 pm

I'm trying to keep Fluffy (still need a new name) off the couch and out of my bed. Last night I put his crate in my room again with the door open and a treat. Woke up this morning and he had pulled the blanket out and slept on it on the floor. I'm probably ok with him sleeping in my room, as long as he doesnt sleep on my bed (I just don't want dog hair on my pillows/bed)
Ghetto Butcher
Ghetto Butcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down