Vol. 2231: The "Dogs" Edition

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vol. 2231: The "Dogs" Edition

Post by Dark Sol on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:25 am

Ghetto Butcher wrote:Yeah, I need a dumb, lazy dog that likes to sleep for 10 hours during the day and another 6-8 or so at night.

You just described a greyhound to a T lol Maybe that's what you need.

With the fumes of a tomb, flowers bloom when I'm taken away!
Dark Sol
Admin

View user profile http://thecrats.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Vol. 2231: The "Dogs" Edition

Post by Ghetto Butcher on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:26 am

Are Greyhounds really that lazy? I'd hear they're good apartment dogs with their temperment, but figured they still needed a lot of exercise
Ghetto Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:50 am

Ghetto Butcher wrote:Are Greyhounds really that lazy? I'd hear they're good apartment dogs with their temperment, but figured they still needed a lot of exercise

Common misconception. They're short distance sprinters so a little activity goes a long way vs. hunting/terrier breeds who are bred to go long distances. Greyhounds, on average, sleep more than cats per day. I think they average around 18 hours of sleep a day.

Dark Sol
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghetto Butcher on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:58 am

Dark Sol wrote:Ghetto Butcher wrote:Are Greyhounds really that lazy? I'd hear they're good apartment dogs with their temperment, but figured they still needed a lot of exerciseCommon misconception. They're short distance sprinters so a little activity goes a long way vs. hunting/terrier breeds who are bred to go long distances. Greyhounds, on average, sleep more than cats per day. I think they average around 18 hours of sleep a day. Ghetto Butcher wrote:Are Greyhounds really that lazy? I'd hear they're good apartment dogs with their temperment, but figured they still needed a lot of exercise

Hmmm... I'll keep my eyes peeled. I'm in no hurry to get a dog (despite wanting one for about 5 years). Its a big reason why I'm volunteering at the shelter, so I can spend time with dogs since owning one seems complicated. But I know the more time I spend there the more likely I am to end up with a dog. Maybe I'll wait to see if we get any greyhounds in.
Ghetto Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:09 am

I doubt you will see any. They rarely make it to regular shelters in this area. They GH adoption groups usually end up with all of them.

http://www.greyhoundsonly.com especially.

Dark Sol
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Macho Mars on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:13 pm

Just saw the reply to my post in yesterday's thread. My dog is a German Shephard/Rottweiler mix. He's a hefty son of a bitch, but he's as sweet as can be.
Macho Mars

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macho Mars on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:15 pm

Thanks to a well timed eBay Bucks cashout, I was able to snag this while only spending $3.82 out of pocket.

2016-17 Select Prizms Gold #204 Georges Niang /10 by SMosley21x, on Flickr
Macho Mars

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sol on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Random song time. I used to love this song. Even had the CD at point (may still)

I was listening to a Moth podcast and one of the rappers was talking on it about how they basically didn't last but a year when the label ran out of money to promote them and said oh well.

Dark Sol
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghetto Butcher on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:41 pm

Macho Mars wrote:Thanks to a well timed eBay Bucks cashout, I was able to snag this while only spending $3.82 out of pocket.2016-17 Select Prizms Gold #204 Georges Niang /10 by SMosley21x, on Flickr

they should give ebay bucks to people like me who rarely buy on ebay anymore. Then I'd be inclined to buy something and they'd get their fees from the sellers.

That said, I have some ebay mail hopefully coming this week. Felt weird buying there again.
Ghetto Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macho Mars on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:51 pm

Ghetto Butcher wrote:Macho Mars wrote:Thanks to a well timed eBay Bucks cashout, I was able to snag this while only spending $3.82 out of pocket.2016-17 Select Prizms Gold #204 Georges Niang /10 by SMosley21x, on Flickrthey should give ebay bucks to people like me who rarely buy on ebay anymore. Then I'd be inclined to buy something and they'd get their fees from the sellers.That said, I have some ebay mail hopefully coming this week. Felt weird buying there again.Macho Mars wrote:Thanks to a well timed eBay Bucks cashout, I was able to snag this while only spending $3.82 out of pocket.2016-17 Select Prizms Gold #204 Georges Niang /10 by SMosley21x, on Flickr

They know that they can send coupons and eBay bucks to keep people hooked. They don't give a crap about the infrequent buyer. I wish I could shake the habit of searching eBay every damn day.
Macho Mars

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghetto Butcher on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:10 pm

Dark Sol wrote:Random song time. I used to love this song. Even had the CD at point (may still) I was listening to a Moth podcast and one of the rappers was talking on it about how they basically didn't last but a year when the label ran out of money to promote them and said oh well.

Are we doing random song time now?

So, this is random, but MLB The Show 2017 has this song in the game, and turned me on to Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears, and I'm digging their (his?) vibe right now.
Ghetto Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top